- Semi-Annual Inspection Each kitchen suppression system is inspected and tested per the procedures outlined in NFPA 17 or NPFA 17A. Hydrostatic testing is performed per manufacturers and DOT requirements. Your ATECH Fire & Security technician will provide detail of any testing required during the semi-annual inspection. A new service tag is attached to each kitchen suppression system that has passed inspection and/or testing.
- Proper Installation ATECH Fire & Security will verify that each nozzle and link housing is properly installed to provide proper coverage and detection of the cooking appliance. Proper installation is essential to ensure the system will function as designed in event of a fire.
- Extinguisher Accessibility/Compatibility ATECH Fire & Security will advise if any extinguishers are blocked or not easily accessible. We will work with you to have the blockage removed or relocate the fire extinguisher to another location. ATECH Fire will confirm that the fire extinguisher and kitchen suppression system extinguishing agents are compatible for maximum effectiveness.
- Fusible Link Replacement Fusible Links are used in kitchen suppression systems to detect fire, shut down the fuel source to appliances and activate release of the extinguishing agent. During each semi-annual inspection, ATECH Fire & Security will replace all fusible links.
- Cartridge Inspection/ Replacement Nitrogen, carbon dioxide or other compressed gasses are used to expel or actuate the extinguishing agent. ATECH Fire & Security inspects and replaces the kitchen suppression system cartridge(s) per manufacturers and DOT requirements.
"Service, Value and Satisfaction"